National Alliance on Mental Illness Tuolumne County (NAMI Tuolumne County)
Our mission is to promote lives of quality and respect, without discrimination and stigma, for families and individuals who have been affected by mental illness.
Who We Are
- Individuals affected by mental illness and their family members
- Those interested in mental health
- A safe place to find someone with personal experience to speak with
- Families who are invested in supporting others during their mental health journey
- A place to find encouragement and support on the road to recovery
(We are not Mental Health professionals)
What We Do
- Listen, understand, and empathize
- Hold monthly meetings which provide socialization, information, and support for families and those affected by mental illness
- Hold a monthly support group specifically for families
- Publish a monthly newsletter
- Participate in community health events to educate the community about mental illness
- Provide free education programs to families, individuals, and the community at large
- Hold periodic outings for socialization and community awareness
- Lend educational materials
- Serve on the county behavioral health advisory committee
- Provide local Information and referral services
- Provide Transportation to meetings and socialization events.
- We especially need individuals living with a diagnosed mental illness to serve as mentors, and to serve as presenters in the NAMI educational programs. This need is especially critical for those in the 15 - 30 age range.
- We need individuals with technical expertise to create and maintain a social media presence.
Adult, High School
PO Box 4720